First of all, thanks for all the great comments on my last three IR shots. It was fun to try something different, so it was good to see that they were well received.
As for this one: it was taken on the same trip and I think that the object in the shot is the upturned roof of an old caravan or trailer.
In this instance the post-production was relatively straightforward, but if you take a look at the original you will see that I made quite a few changes:
The most obvious change is I flipped the image horizontally, but you will also notice that the roof and foreground are quite a bit brighter in the final version. In this case I used Photomatix Pro to produce a pseudo-HDR version (as described in this tutorial), which I then blended with the original image. The final changes involved toning the image, as discussed in this tutorial, and a 16x9 crop.
As always, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.
12.28pm on 16/6/09|
EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM