We had uncommonly high winds last night – gusting to just over 80mph – and there was quite a bit of damage in and around our neighbourhood. By global standards, particularly recent events, this is really of no consequence, but I did want to document it in some way. Anyway, this is the only bit I could find.
As for the slightly surreal feel to this shot it was processed by using two separate curves, one for the fire-engine and another for the remainder of the image. In the original shot the fire-engine is almost a silhouette, but as it takes up so much of the frame I decided I ought to try and recover some of the detail. The end result is a rather odd looking shot, but I'm reasonably pleased with it.
3.05pm on 8/1/05|
EF 17-40 f/4L USM
31mm (50mm equiv.)