When I started working on this shot I was aiming for a reasonably straight shot of this lily. It was in a vase with a bunch of other flowers, and while it’s clearly dead, I did think it was rather beautiful. But, for one reason or another, I couldn’t get it right. Every shot I took left the subtle colours of the dead petals looking washed out and devoid of any interest.
So, as with my shot of the blackboard from a couple of days ago, I decided to exaggerate what it was that I thought made this an interesting subject. And on the whole I’m not sure that it’s all that successful, but I really don’t have anything else to put up today.
So, it was either not post anything today (and spoil my run of 39 straight days), or put this one up. And on the basis that I don’t think this is a total disaster, I chose the latter ;-)
11.50pm on 6/3/04
B+W UV 010