|The 'Spirited Community': Competition update||Tweet|
The first four weekly winners (selected from almost 500 entries) have been announced, and have each won:
- An Olympus VG-170 camera.
- A bottle of Jura 16 year old single malt whisky.
- A 12 month subscription to David's online Photography and Post-production tutorials.
If you would like to take part, you have just another four weeks to upload your images.
the winning entries (weeks one to four)
|Week One Winner (Michael McKillop)
"This is a 50ft long knitted scarf that suddenly appeared one morning along Saltburn's famous Pier but no one knows who actually made it! It's a great example of a community pulling together to make something special. Google it & read all about it!"
|Week Three Winner (Huzefa Rangwala) "In the remote village of Khabiya, some 50 kms from the Pakistan border, I chanced upon these kids who taught me the zest for life. In spite of temperatures touching 50C and uncertainties surrounding the most basic supplies (food, electricity and water), these kids are filled with life most evident from their beaming smiles. It goes on to show what community spirit is all about, even in the most trying conditions. Seen here are sisters Rasili and Gauri fighting for their two minutes of fame in front of the camera, while Himmat (extreme left) makes a funny face to the camera."|
|Week Two Winner (Saeed Anwar)
"The Full of FUn mOMENT OF US"
|Week Four Winner (Parvez Ahmad) "Friends are the Precious Gift of God."|
At the end of the competition the three overall winners (one from the UK, one from the US, and one from the rest of the world) will win:
- A week's all-expenses trip to the Isle of Jura, including a stay in the exclusive Jura Lodge and a VIP tour of the Jura distillery and island.
- An Olympus PEN E-PL3 camera.
- A one-day photography workshop on the island provided by David.
If you'd like to take part, just click the link below.