If you enter just one photography competition this year, make sure it's the 'Spirited Community' competition organised by the by the Isle of Jura (one of the Southern Inner Hebrides off the west coast of Scotland).
All you need to do is submit a photograph and 50 word description of why it captures a sense of community spirit.
For the next eight weeks, the photo that gets the most public votes during that week will win the photographer:
- An Olympus VG-170 camera.
- A bottle of Jura 16 year old single malt whisky.
- A 12 month subscription to David's online Photography and Post-production tutorials.
At the end of the competition the three overall winners (one from the UK, one from the US, and one from the rest of the world) will win:
- A week's all-expenses trip to the Isle of Jura, including a stay in the exclusive Jura Lodge and a VIP tour of the Jura distillery and island.
- An Olympus PEN E-PL3 camera.
- A one-day photography workshop on the island provided by David.
You can jump straight to the competition website below, or read on for the full press release.
If you do submit an image, please leave a comment to let us know.